This project provides Surrey Police with a new Custody Centre. The works comprise fit out of an existing Client owned warehouse building into a Police Custody Facility with 24 cells, charge area, vehicle dock, plant rooms, ancillary rooms for staff and solicitors, reception and a locker room with washing areas.
A key part of the building is the provision of the cells for which Mace has developed in conjunction with supplier Wernick a prefabricated solution. Integration of the ICT is also a key element of the project and Mace sought early agreement to enable the client’s installer to commence works with a successful early handover of the TER (Technical Equipment Room).
- Integration of client ICT contractor.
- Delivering the project in line with the client’s budget following an extensive VE exercise, whilst maintaining the operational and robust construction requirements
- Delivering the project in a fast track 27 weeks.
How these were delivered:
- Early engagement and agreement on logistics and programme.
- Early order placement and construction of prefabricated cell units.
- Engagement with tried and tested Mace supply chain members.
- Using lessons learnt and tried and tested design solutions from previous Met Police Custody Projects.
- Excellent working relationship and problem resolution with Clients team.