Phase 3C was part of an overall project that comprised 5 phases. St Peters School is a Roman Catholic Academy divided into 2 sites. The Iford site accommodates year 7&8 and the Southbourne accommodates the remainder of the school. The aim of the overall project was to merge year 7&8 into the Southbourne site so the overall secondary school is then located on one site.
Phase 3C New Build located in an existing school site, located on the schools existing sports field consisting of:
- 3300sqm of teaching accommodation
- 16 classrooms
- Two art studios
- Two science labs/classrooms
- Dining hall and kitchen
- Main hall
- Changing facilities
- Staff offices
- Four multi use games area (MUGA) pitches
- Associated landscaping
- Staff car park
Key Challenges and how these were delivered
- It was apparent at Mini Comp 2 that the budget was insufficient to meet the design aspiration so Wates carried out a full design review and redesigned the scheme to achieve the brief within budget. Rationalisation of sport England requirements enabling significant savings.
- Extremely tight programme which was dictated by school term times