Expansion from 1FE to 2FE, extension and refurbishment works with a new Reception front entrance combined with internal re-modelling has formed a more open and useable space for visitors, staff and pupils alike as well as a new smart face to the school. The Library has been relocated and extended and a new Music and Drama space now extends out of the front of the school linking to the existing hall to allow improved after school community use.
The new five classroom extension is linked to the existing two storey block to the South-East of the school. The classes face South onto the sports pitch and use a canopy to avoid solar gain and provide shelter. The large sliding doors provide excellent access to the field and facilitate improved outside learning.
An extended Food / Design and Technology building has now been constructed off the existing hall together with new toilets and storage intended for school and community use.
The existing Music and Drama room has been extended to link in with the existing Victorian building and been converted to Reception classrooms. The school kitchen was fully upgraded during the Summer holidays.
- Minimal disruption to school during term time.
- Design & construction of new classrooms using existing building
- Aligning & managing Client & User expectations within a challenging budget.
How these were delivered
- Collaborative meetings to develop the design, review value engineered options
- Close liaison with school to formulate the optimum workable programme for both school and contractor.
- Application of previous experience and best practice of working on primary schools