THE PROJECT CHALLENGES:
• The Hornchurch High is located within the Hornchurch area of the London
Borough of Havering.
• The school site of approximately 6.87 hectares is surrounded by residential
properties to the north and west, and a Harrow Lodge public park to the
south and east.
• The site is occupied by the co-educational secondary school buildings with
an associated car park, amenity sports areas and landscaping.
• The main entrance access to the school site for both pedestrians and
vehicles is from Broadstone Road, causing congestion at peak times. The
school site has ample playing fields across grassland located on the south
and east of the site.
• The site slopes generally from the north down to the south and is located in
flood risk zone 1, therefore considered at low risk of flooding.
THE PROJECT CONSISTS OF:
• Provide a new block including a DT department, Art Department and MFL
department as part of the Department for Education’s Priority School’s
HORNCHURCH HIGH SCHOOL
• Demolish an existing dilapidated existing block that is no longer fit for purpose and replace it with a modern educational facility
• Improve the energy efficiency and lower the operational costs to benefit the School
• To provide the school with something that is more than just a building, a platform for the school to develop and grow
encouraging further improvement on the recently received OFSTED 2 award, the school has always been a level 3.