The overall project is multi-phased and involves the internal modelling and reorganisation of various clinical departments within the existing Chelsea & Westminster Hospital complex at 369 Fulham Road, London. This includes a Children’s Burns Unit, New Diagnostic Centre, Children’s Medical and Surgical Wards, Adolescent Ward, Children’s Outpatients, Gynaecology unit, Medi-Cinema and a Phlebotomy Unit.
The works principally comprise of full or partial strip out of partitions, floors, walls and ceiling finishing’s; full or partial strip out of mechanical, electrical and building services installations; the construction of dry lined partitioning, flooring, partitions and ceiling finishes, high class joinery, sanitary fittings, mechanical & electrical building services including medical gases, fittings and fixtures and above ground drainage. Construction works are undertaken within self-contained areas with due consideration being given to the sensitive needs of a fully functioning Hospital remaining fully operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Minimising Construction Impact and disruption, with a fully operational hospital
- Managing logistics re: access/egress, material handling, storage & fire management
- Zero defects at completion
How these were delivered:
- Working together as a team within a shared office
- Effective communication with client, team and clinical staff
- Collaborative approach to Value Engineering
- Strict Project Controls e.g. change management
- Pre-planning, good communication
- Rigorous Quality Assurance measures