PROJECT CONSISTS OF:
• A new build, 2FE Primary School on a greenfield site at Kings Barton,
Winchester. The school has the potential to expand in the future if required
• Teacher development facility
• Car parking and external works
• 14 classrooms
• 4 group rooms
• Music and drama studio
• A library
• Customer welcoming to early supply chain input and collaborative working
• Hampshire County Council in-house design very well advanced.
• The school has been designed as an Eco-School and the project
is targeting BREEAM Excellent. To help achieve this objective the
school incorporates a number of features that enable the building to
be efficient, in terms of energy reduction and thermal performance.
• Challenging cost plan
• Intricate, detailed customer led design
• Project was put on hold for 12 months due to housing developer not being
as far advanced as first anticipated. Therefore did not require the school
placements as early as first thought.
• With the project being pushed back a year, planning had expired by the time
it was up and running again
• Close proximity of site to local residents and housing developer